Monday, April 13, 2009

Livin' in La.

This post is not going to appeal but to a select few.  So, if you don't have a few minutes to waste you might want to wait until another time.

My wife's uncle got married this weekend.  I'm not sure if this make the third or fourth time, but this one seems to be going in the right direction.  

You would have to know my wife's uncle.  You think I am goofy, well this guy takes the cake.  I have know him for 15+ years and have never met anyone remotely like him.  He does the unexpected and says the unimaginable.  Overall he is a good guy and I like him.

His Wedding

He got married at his home in Baton Rouge (thus livin' in La.).  He has a nice house and yard and the weather was in his favor.  He hired a "band", a keyboard and drums, to sing, and they were really good, much better than my wife's uncle.  As you will see, he sang at his own wedding.  And not just sang one song while the band played, but sang, and played, and sang, and played, etc.  He was in his happy place.  A crowd that really couldn't leave without being rude.  They had to listen.  He loved it.  

The videos below are of several things.  There are two of the uncle, playing and singing.  I want you to try and think of what famous singer he reminds you of.  This singer couldn't sing all that well either.  A hint?  He died in a skiing accident.

The other videos are of my wife's grandparents house, also in La., and two kids playing at the wedding.  Enjoy!

The weekend was good, other than a little sickness.










El Toro Negro


No comments: