Saturday, November 7, 2009

Girl Scout "Camp Out"

My eight year old girl is a girl scout, or a brownie, a daisy, bluebird, or something of the sort. When their troop, or bunch, or flock or what ever, has a camp out, it is an ordeal, and I have the photos to prove it.

This time they had the camp out at our place.

I have to insert that I have been helping out with the boy scout troop that my sons are members of for several years. I have been on numerous camp outs and been to week long scout camp the last three years. I was involved with scouts and camping during my youth. This weekend opened my eyes to a side of camping that I did not know existed. I was blown away to say the least. You men that see this will know exactly what I am talking about.

I think the count was 29 girls between the ages of 5 and 10, and 16 moms.





I lost count of the trailer loads of "equipment" that I hauled out to the site.




My 15 and 12 year old help as many moms as they could get to, but some moms did great on their own.



It doesn't get any better than mother daughter putting up a tent. Well, maybe a manicure and then a nice lunch together.


Some of the moms.


The Girls, at least some of them.



The camp.


My 15 year old. I think he is thinking, "been here, done this".


Camp fire.










Definitely the BEST for last. What a cool picture. Put this one in your scrap books, moms.
El Toro Negro

No comments: