Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jesus on My Floor

I have never given much credence to that special group of people that see the super-natural in ordinary, everyday objects.  That is until today.

You know the people I am talking about.  The woman who found Mary in her pancake.  Didn't she sell the pancake on eBay for an enormous amount of money?  Or the the guy who dropped a small metal bowl, making a dent in it, only to find a cross in the indention.  And the elderly woman who was feeding her cat(s).  She plopped out a can of fancy feast on a glass dish for one of her cats and found a complete replica of da Vinci's The Last Super.  She immediately became a Catholic and joined a convent as a nun.  No one has seen her since the cats were taken away by those animal police on that TV show.  

Today I am babysitting for my wife.  She has gone into town to do some shopping, eating out and may even hit the spa while I am here with the two little ones.  

We have faux wood floors.  (Sorry about the French reference.)  They have a rustic, wood grain pattern on them, complete with knot holes.  Today I noticed that one of these knots looks like the face of Jesus.  I can't believe it.  Could this be coincidence?  Surely not.  I took these pics just as soon a I realized what I had on my hands, and in case it morphed back into an ordinary knot.  You can clearly see the Saviors face.  I went around the rest of the floor looking to see if it was a repeating pattern.  You know, like in wall paper.  I can find duplicates of other portions of the floor, but I can only find on miracle knot.  What to do now.

I am thinking about cutting this piece of floor out and selling it on eBay.  Would that negate the miracle?  Would whatever good I am about to surely receive vanish.  Or I am supposed to sell it and use the money to build a lair, invent a cool costume, build dozens of super gadgets (including a super car), and fight crime and injustice.  Dang, I would need an underground cave for that.  (Underground cave.  Is that redundant?)   I wonder if my wife would notice the absence of a chunk of floor.  

There is the option of donating it to science, or rather super natural science.  They could study the effects of the knot on humanity.  Perhaps being in the same room as the knot would change the mood of those in the room for the better.  A calming effect.  Hey, maybe Hillary can use it in her new cabinet position as Secretary of State, when she meets with foreign dignitaries.  I bet the Israeli-Palestinian thing get solved right away.  She could just carry it in her pocket during her meetings.

Let me know what to do.




El Toro Negro





No comments: