Friday, May 1, 2009

Tap Tap Tap-a-roo!

My wife claims that I am strange yet she (and millions of others) do things that make no sense to me.

You have heard the story of the new wife that always cut the end off of the roast when she cooked it.  The new husband asked her why she did that.  She had no idea other than that her mother had done the same thing.  At the urging of her husband she decided to find out the reason for the "cuttage".  

Her mom couldn't give her an answer than the one she gave her husband, "Because my mom did it."  So the new bride goes to see her grandmother.  Come to find out, her grandmother remembered that as a child her mothers roast pan was rather short and in order to get the roast to fit she had to cut the end off.  And thus, the cutting tradition began.  

So why the story.  My wife is one of these that thinks that tapping the top of a coke can that has been jostled about will somehow keep it from spewing.  I have never seen this work.  I don't know why people think that this will help, but they keep on doing it.

El Toro Negro

No comments: