Monday, January 18, 2010

Nodding My Head Like...

Sorry, no pics to go with this one. I seem to get a lot of my thoughts from the ones I love. I was recently talking with one of the afore mentioned and the said that you couldn't shake your head yes. That you you always shake your head to say no to someone. That got me thinking. Is that really true? Do we only shake our head no and nod our head yes?

So I tried it. You know. Pretended that someone asked me a question, and then answered by making a movement with my head. You might give it a try. I have to admit that it does feel a bit more natural to shake your head no than it does to nod your head no, but the difference is very negligible.

So I say to all. It is really a matter of semantics. If you move your hear from side to side in a horizontal pane, is that a shake or a nod? It seems to be something that has to be figured out on a personal level. For me.... no me importa.

El Toro Negro

1 comment:

S said...

People from the west are often confused by this "yes/no" indicating technique of people from India :-). Here in general, the head is nodded (up-down)to indicate "yes" and shaken sideways to indicate "no".