Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sleeping On Air

One of the things that a friend of mine convinced me to do a few years back was to buy a sleep number bed. You've seen them on tv. You have a pump for each side of the bed and they are great for your back.

I got to thinking about it because one of the things my wife wanted this Christmas was new sheets for our bed. Nothing like new, clean sheets. Love it.

There are two things I like to do in my bed. Um... Two things I like that I can do with my bed.

First, you wait till all the kids are in bed and it is quiet, very quiet. You get the remote and lay flat on your back with the lights out. It helps if it is as dark as you can get it. I put up black poster board on my windows so as to block out any outside moon light. Helps if you live in the country.

Once you are relaxed and your breathing is slow and regular you are ready to begin. Run your bed all the way up to 100. Depending on where you started you may or may not feel much. Doesn't matter. It will be nice and firm. Now set your bed to around 20 and quickly become still and enjoy. You will feel yourself begin to sink. Lower and lower. It will feel as if the bed is swallowing you. It is really cool. I love it. Almost as fun is then setting your bed back to 100. You can feel it exhume you. Very cool. One of the things you must try before you die. If you don't have a sleep number you can go to one of the stores and try it. It will be hard, however, to get the full effect with all the people around, and the lights. But you will get the point.

The second thing that is fun to do is to run your wife's side of the bed to the opposite end of the scale. That way she will definitely notice when she comes to bed. It will drive her crazy. The first couple of times, when she didn't have it figured out, I just laid there and giggled. Hard to not make any noise. Good times.

El Toro Negro




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! Made me smile! Thanks!