Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cups Galore



In our house we have a bunch of kids. Six of our own at least. Oft times they have a friend or two over on the weekends. So if you take three or four, times one or two, you get... hum... a lot.

As nature would have it they get thirsty. It seems as if every time I look in the kitchen they are getting a drink. I'm just glad that we have one of those refrigerators that have an outside water spigot. Keeps them from opening the door so often, which is good.

One of the things that I don't understand is why they can't use the same cup for the second drink of water that they used for the first drink of water. Its just water. I could understand if it were stinkin, nasty hot coco or punch, but its just plain water, filtered water at that.

My super sweet wife and I have done our best to get them to use the same cup for the day but it just doesn't seem to get through. So instead of letting them run out of cups my wife keeps buying more and more of the cheap plastic cups. This morning while doing the dishes I counted 27 in the drawer (see below), clean and ready to use. The problem is we have about twice that many waiting to be cleaned or in another cabinet. I can't even count that high. I get so tired of seeing little plastic cups everywhere.

This past Monday my wife comes home from six flags with a cup they had bought and were able to use over and over during the day. I found it and put it in the trash. We already have 435 plastic cups. We don't need another one. She looks for it, finds it in the trash, and takes it out telling me that its a good cup and how sometimes we run out and might need it. So now we we have 436. I'm fighting a loosing battle.

I know there are plenty of you out there that fight this same battle in your home, but don't have a voice. And so I lead the charge for all those who are tired of an entire dishwasher full of just little plastic cups. If we band together we can make a change.




El Toro Negro



No comments: