Sunday, January 2, 2011

Wonders of a Normal World

This happens to me a lot as I am sure it happens to everyone. You're just sitting around thinking and certain things just pop into your head. I'm not talking about the something that needs to be added to the grocery list or a chore that needs to be added to the to do list. I'm taking about something that hits you so hard you have to stop whatever you're doing and ponder the light and knowledge that has just entered your mind, sometimes consuming the next few hours or days of your life. I have jotted down a few that have hit me in the last little bit of my life.

The first is a combination of the recent obsession with candles and the fact that the new year has just rolled around. Many of you know of the tradition of eating cabbage and black-eyed peas for new years day. It goes back the the Civil War era. And mary of you have realized that you can't be an upstanding member of society without having at least 13 scented candles in your home. I have to admit that some of them do smell good.

Well I had the thought, or rather wondered, why they don't make candles scented with foods other than fruits or cinnamon buns. Why haven't we ever seen a cabbage scented candle. We could burn it at certain times of the year to remind us of the new year. It might even help all those that made resolutions keep their goal.


I have never worn contacts, but my third son does. He got them a few years back. He likes them a lot better than the glasses he used to wear. I have a car. In order to help keep the windshield clear during a rain I use the product Rain-X. Works great for helping your vision in the rain. I got to thinking that contacts help your vision, and that contacts have to work in a wet environment, like rain. So why not have a Rain-X type product to put on contacts? Could improve everyones vision that wears contacts.

The last one doesn't really need a great deal of explanation. I want to know why steak knives aren't sharp and serrated on both sides. Wouldn't that make them more useful. Maybe I'm just asking for too much.

El Toro Negro




No comments: