Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The World revolves around me.


We are all aware that so many of this nations population is disabled. Heck, it is easier and easier to qualify for SSI or other type of assistance. As I walk into so many stores (past the 843 handicapped parking spaces) I see so many people park in the "less fortunate" parking spaces, jump out of there cars, and hop, skip and jump into the store. We now classify people that over eat or over smoke or make other crappy choices as having some sort of unavoidable malady. Not that they are completely whole, but that they are certainly more able than they will ever admit. I was in Mexico for several weeks over the last few years and never once saw a store scooter in the WalMart or other big chain stores. Guess its just an epidemic here.

Now the purpose of this post is not to go on and on about how many people don't need the assistance they are getting and are fully able to work and function without these "aids". The purpose of this post is to plead for a bit more consideration by some of these folks.

I was in the store today and a woman, on a scooter, came whizzing around the corner and almost ran me down, while on her cell phone. As if this wasn't bad enough, she didn't even have an excuse me, a sorry, or a my bad to give me. I did, however, get a get the hell out of my way look. I was speechless, and that is rare. I just shook my head and went on my way. As one of my friends always says, "You can't fix stupid."

El Toro Negro


No comments: