Saturday, September 20, 2008

Gig 'em


This weekend we decided to take our kids, at least our older kids, to some A&M events.  My wife and I both graduated from Texas A&M in 1996.  We love A&M and want our kids, including our exchange student, to experience some of the fun traditions of the school.  

I found out that at 37 I am not as young as I once was.  We were in the middle of a big screen printing order where after we screen print the jerseys we put numbers on with our heat press.  The company that does our screen printing screwed up some of the t-shirts and because they had to fix their problem we didn't get to start putting the numbers on the shirts 'till 7pm.  I had already been up since 3:30.  The heat press blew a fuse almost right away.  It was on of those round fuses about an inch long.  Of coarse I don't have any, the stores in my small town are closed, and Wal Mart is 40 minutes away.  I fiddled with it for awhile and got nowhere.  

We were taking the kids to midnight yell practice in College Station and decided to pick up the fuses beforehand.  The yell practice ended around 12:30 and we were home by 1:45.  Needless to say I was up a full 24 hours before sleeping a few hours.

Then  little league football at 8 am, leave for the A&M v. Miami game at 12, get home from that at 7 pm.  I was going to take the boys hog hunting tonight but I am too tired.  We put it off  'till Tuesday.  



1 comment:

Thecoolestarmymanever! said...

It must have been a great game! how did A@M do any way. Ha Ha they should give discounts on tickets when the team is not up to par