Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Too long?

Please, no more questions about where I have been.  As you know, we were involved in hurricane Ike.  While I do feel for those that lost power, or worse, their home, I am greatful that we never once lost power.  On of the greatest things about having moved from "in town" (pop. 719) is that we are no longer on Entergy Power.  When on Entergy, it seemed that every time the wind blew we would lose power.  Imagine, out in the country, with all our trees, more reliable.  

I think it was the Friday, before the storm, I called to upgrade our DSL to the 3.0, what ever that is.  Faster I think.  That's when the fun started for our internet access.  It seemed to slow down.  During the storm we had access and could keep up with the storm by looking at the radar on line.  As soon as the storm was over we lost it altogether.  We just got it back today, after the phone guy was here for a couple of hours.  He said it still is not up to top speed yet, but he has a thousand of other calls to check.  But I have a blog to keep up! 

So, here I am finally back after too long.   I just pray that I get to post regularly.  

El Toro Negro


No comments: