Friday, October 31, 2008

High Riders

I know that you have all been in a restroom where it is handicap accessible.  I think that there has been some mandate that has required all bathrooms in the world to be able to handle a wheelchair.  I need to know something, well, a lot of things, but the thing I want to know about these bathrooms is why is the toilet seat is SO high.  Wouldn't it be around the same height of the seat of the wheelchair?  Just slide from one to the other, right?

But what I have noticed is that these seats are made for Andre' the Giant.  Who in the world wants to GO BIG with there feet hanging, not reaching the floor?  That is unless you are three.  How are you going to be able to push properly if there is nothing to push against. It makes more sense having these in the homes of old people.  I've seen them for sell on TV.  I think that they have a hard time getting up from a sitting position and these booster seats keep them in an almost standing position while they...  I even saw one that was motorized.  Like the recliner that the old folks have.  It raises them to where they can just walk away from their chair.

I'd better stop and apologize before my wife starts hollering about my subject matter.  I write about the things I am doing or going through, or things that I notice or are brought to my attention.  And these high riders are everywhere, plus we are potty training.  For the sake of my wife's sanity and the excitement of my night life I will not write about peeing off the back porch.  At least not right now.  

El Toro Negro



No comments: