Sunday, October 19, 2008

Our Pet


You already know that we have an embroidery business.  With that comes some shirts that we, usually me, mess up.  With me it is usually the wrong color.  Normally, we will keep these to use when we need to sample a new design.  We will sew it on the tail of the messed up shirt.  These shirts are kept in a big tub under our sewing table and from time one of our kids will ask for a shirt for some "project" that they have going on.  

My wife's father has, or had, quite a few mounted animals.  He gave my second son a stuffed squirrel that is most likely twenty plus years old.  He loves that squirrel.  Not my father in law, my son. 

Not long after he acquired the animal he came to my wife and asked if he could have a shirt out of the tub, and also asked if he could cut it up.  It was a shirt that had an A&M logo on it.  We really didn't need it so she told him ok.  It wasn't long after that that he came and asked for a needle and thread.  We weren't sure what he wanted and with Jake there was no telling.  She gave him the tools.

What we soon found out was that he was making a shirt for his little friend.  This son is one of the ones that can sit and work on a project building something for hours and never look up.  He loves to build and take apart.  He is a funny dude.  I never thought we would have a pet like this one.


El Toro Negro

No comments: