Monday, October 6, 2008

Third Thing's The Charm

So I work part time at UPS.  The center where I work is about 35 miles from where I live.  I start work between 4 and 5 in the morning.  With the price of gas what it is, I try and do the grocery shopping and other errands after I get off work.  Sounds reasonable, right?

The problem is that my wife thinks I am capable of remembering great quantities of useless lists.  She will tell me, the night before, about 27 things she needs at the store and 2 other places with accompanying tasks she needs me do.  What in the world is she thinking.  It is 9:45 and I am getting ready for my five hours of sleep and she unloads this mountain on me.  

It came to the point that I had to make a husband rule.  If it is over three things, places to go or things to buy, combined, I have to be given a list.  My mind can't be cluttered with useless things.  I only have so many brain cells.  Oh, the fact that China has more English speakers than the US is not "Useless" information.  You might need to know someday that a group of fox is called a shulk.  Dreamt is the only word in English that ends in mt.  What if someone walks up to you on the street and offers you some wad of cash if you know that tidbit of info.  

So now I call her ever day after working, blank note pad in hand.  I have had to ask her to try and consolidate the days she asks me to go places.  Not that I mind at all.  I LOVE shopping.  Right.  All for the love of a good woman.

El Toro Negro




No comments: