Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Who's Your Daddy?

I need to dispel a myth that has been perpetrated ever since I can remember.  Actually it is several myths.  It involves potty training and girls.  Remember that I have two girls and that one is already potty trained.

The first myth is that girls are easier to train that boys.  I will say that my oldest girl was easy to potty train, as well as several of our boys.  They were all easy, really.  We did have one boy that had to take off ALL his cloths in order to go.  But all in all they were easy.  

Then there is my youngest girl.  I don't know what the heck is going on with her.  We have read all the books.  All the signs of readiness were there.  We started her and she did very well, for a few days.  Then total collapse.  So we waited and read some more books.  Followed the advice of the best of the best and combined it with or experience.  We started again.  She did great for a day or so.  Then nothing.  A pattern evolved, for a while, where she would do ok and then not.  Now, she just doesn't do well at all.  It is a battle at times, then other times, we sit her down and she goes right away.

We tried the "get candy" routine.  We tried the sticker chart.  After each potty she gets a sticker.  After so many stickers she would get a BIG toy.  Well, it wasn't long before she figured out where the stickers were.  She waited until we were not in the room and climbed, got them, and before long there were stickers appearing on the chart that she didn't earn.  And that's where we are right now.

The other myth, and the one that was dispelled tonight, is that girls aren't messy when they pee.  Do not get caught standing in front of your little girl when you are trying to potty train her.  Listen.  I have been married for 15 years.  I thought that I had gained a little bit of an understanding of where certain things are on a female.  On a little boy you had better make sure it is pointed down when you sit him down.  My wife had assured me that with a girl it was different.  Sure, theirs is naturally "pointed" down.  Well guys, don't believe that lie.  I got the shins of my legs sprayed tonight.  The seat was drenched.  It points down, it points down!  I  just stood there in disbelief.  What had just happened.  Oh , to be a father.

El Toro Negro



Here is the answer to the last picture.  It was a blow up of where the leg meets the body.











No comments: