Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mi Novia

With so many kids (my wife's fault) it is hard to get time to ourselves, except perhaps at 10 pm, and then I am sleep walking.  When we were in college (she is class of '96 at A&M too) we would got to the Hall of Fame with friends once or twice a month to dance.  We enjoyed it quite a bit and weren't too bad either.  We (I took lessons with a girlfriend before I married my wife) even did a bit of jitterbug.  

I have a calling at my church to oversee the program for the young men in our congregation ages 12 to 18.  One of the activities that we participate in are a type of area dance with other local congregations that take place about once a month.  It is really interesting to watch these kids dance.  I'm not talking about the goofy line dances or the spastic gyrations during the fast songs.  While they are fun to watch too, I get a kick out of watching the slow dances.   I swear that sometimes they are going to wear a hole on the floor.  They stay in one small spot, waddling back and forth, like penguins, stiff legged.  

The church we attend has a dance once a year for the adults in the area.  Last night I took my wife to eat and then "dancing".  It was very relaxing to be able to eat by ourselves.  No "I got to go potty" or "He won't leave me a lone".  I had forgotten what that was like.

The dancing was a bit funny.  It had been so long that I took me a minute to remember how to do the two-step and waltz.  The fast dances, well, we left those alone for the most part, content to romance with each other on the slow songs.  Over all it was a great evening.

This is a picture of us before we went out.  I bought here a corsage.  What a surprise.  I don't do the flower thing very often.  She wouldn't pin it on.



El Toro Negro

No comments: