Friday, March 13, 2009

Bluebonnets

All the guys that read this blog can skip this one.  I'm going to go a bit sappy on you.  

I grew up in East Texas, very close to the Louisiana border, near the Gulf.  Mostly mud and snakes and 'skiters.  Very humid and very wet, swampy.  We didn't have some of the things that you think of when you hear Texas. Bluebonnets for one.

Since we moved to Normangee, some thirteen years ago, we have enjoyed the seasonal bluebonnets.  Some years we take pictures in the midst of them wearing our Sunday cloths.  I have to admit it make me feel like a Texan when I see them on the side of the rode or covering a field.  I know I'm not supposed to enjoy flowers.  Guys don't d that, right?  

I have included some for your enjoyment.  






































El Toro Negro

1 comment:

delaney1217 said...

I love bluebonnets!!! In fact, on my way home I spotted them along the highway. Lance says wait and see them all over everywhere as it gets closer to spring. Where were these pictures taken?