Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Not A Dirty Boy


I have know this for a long time but it only came to the front of of my mind a few days ago at work.  You see, I consider myself to be just a working type of guy.  The guy I work with most is about the same.  We stand across a conveyor belt from each other for four hours a day.  He talks.  I almost always listen.  

A supervisor came by the other day and commented on the shirt my buddy was wearing.  He said something about the cleanliness of the shirt.  He deals with chlorine in his "real" job, and his shirt told the tale of a man that works with chlorine.  It had the white spots on it.

That got me thinking, and I shared this with my buddy and the supervisor.  There is a difference between clean and stained.  Think about it.  My friend washes his cloths frequently.  Just because it has a spot or two that won't wash out doesn't mean that it is dirty.  I have found this to be a common mistake, mostly among folks that don't have to "work".  My wife, for instance, is one I have had to explain this concept to.  Why she doesn't want me to go to the store in town in a clean but stained shirt I will never understand.

Here is one such shirt.

El Toro Negro

No comments: