Monday, January 12, 2009

Cabbage Casserole

A rather large section of my followers have asked me to post the recipe for the cabbage casserole I referenced in the last post.  This recipe came from Sister English.

Cook one cup of rice.  In heavy skillet saute sausage (1 lb).  Add 1 c. sliced red onion and 1 c. bell pepper.  Cook till veg. are slightly cooked.  Add rice, one can cream of mushroom and one can rotel plus 1/2 can of water.  Chop cabbage (about three cups).  Spray 9x13 dish with Pam.  Put cabbage in bottom.  Add sausage mixture.  Add salt to cabbage.  Sprinkle cheese on top.  Bake at 350 for one hour covered with foil.   

My wife has some variations but she isn't here right now to tell me.

Enjoy, I do.

El Toro Negro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the recipe
i miss you dad :)