Friday, January 9, 2009

The Nerve!

You might be wondering why I have had so many post in such a short amount of time, given my recent slowdown.  Well, the reason is that over my Thanksgiving vacation I started reading.  I started with the Twilight series, all four books.  Our exchange student was reading them and I got into them rather quickly.  My son has been asking me to read the Eragon books for some time so after the vampire books I started Eragon,  then Eldest, and finished Brisinger about the time I started posting again.  I like to read and when I get started I do it to the exclusion of all else.

So what am I going to write about today?  I have been forbidden to write anything "crude" by my wife, at least for now, so I will tell you what I had happen to me today, or rather what a friend of ours said.

Before I start let me say that I'm not mad about what happened.  I fact I am rather amused by what happened, especially considering who said it.

We have some friends that live here in our small town.  The wife seems to show up at our house quite often, not that I mind all that much.  Our friendship is such that I can tell her when I have had enough of our socializing, and not offend anyone, not that I worry about that too much.  

My wife makes a cabbage casserole that is very good, and it so happens that her grandfather grows cabbage.  He brought us two big heads over Christmas, more than enough for four 9x13's.  Her plan was to cook one for supper and freeze the others to have for another time.  It quickly turned into a cookfest.  My wife called this friend and asked her if she was interested, all she needed to buy was one ingredient, and she could have two of these casseroles.  It was decided and she came over.

After our usual jarring, we like to pick at one another, I heard a comment from her that made me laugh.  Mind you that my wife is doing all the cooking, provided almost all the ingredients, using her double oven, etc.  When my wife told her that it would take about an hour to cook I heard our friend ask my wife is she could come back in an hour or so to pick up the two dishes and take them home.  WOW.  

Well I proceeded to let her have it, in a fun loving way, really.  She is a great person and friend to both me and my wife, but I made fun of her for being offered two huge, heaping casseroles, and then not being willing to at least keep us (mostly my wife) company while they were made and cooked.  I thought that was very funny.  The only explanation I could think of was that she is from California.  

El Toro Negro

1 comment:

delaney1217 said...

How rude!!!! Hmmm, considering I was told on that particular day how I had a 45 minute time limit for visiting with my friend and seeing as I had to run to the store for the sausage, I thought I'd be nice and come back without interrupting your television time (seeing I'm sooooo LOUD). I do recall asking if there was anything I could do to help and did help chop all 3 pounds of sausage. But no harm done.