Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pillow Talk

We just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary on the 6th of January.  I think it would have been cooler to have been married on January the first.  You know, new year, new beginning.   But I was out voted.  So I just tell people it is the first.  They don't have to know, and what is a few days.  

One of the things that I have learned in fifteen years of sharing a bed is that the pillow case has to face a certain way.  I'm not sure how long it took me to figure it out.  It probably was always there, and it is not just my pillow, but my wife's pillow too.  So which way does it have to face?

To the outside of the bed, naturally.  The reason?  I can't say for sure.  It must have something to do with the feel of it.  When I put my arm up, behind my head for example, I don't like to feel the open end of my wife's pillow.  The closed side is so much more pleasant.  You don't have all that extra pillow case bunched up under your are.

And what is the deal with the body pillow?  My wife has one and I don't understand it.  It's huge and always seem to get on my side of the bed.  I don't find it comfortable to have a huge pillow between my legs when I sleep.  I've tried it.  Then again, I don't sleep on my side often.  The one my wife has is bigger than she is.  

That brings up the issue of how do you divvy up the space of the bed.  Do you do it 50/50, since there are two of you?  We have a king size bed and my wife is rather small.  I get 2/3 of the bed because I take up so much more space.  She wants more but she understands.  I did give her a bit extra when she was pregnant.  Her argument was that she was actually two people.  What is a marriage if it's not compromise.  

El Toro Negro

No comments: